Point - building blocks of mathematical theories
Point can have many interpretations, apart from being an indication of physical location.
In the essence, mathematical theories represent elementary units in their topics as points, upon which the mathematics is built.
- coordinate - physical space [analytical geometry]
- state - phase plane [dynamic system]
- microstate - phase space [statistical mechanics]
- vector - vector space [algebra]
- function - functional space [functional analysis]
- random variable - Hilbert space [analytical probability]
- sample - sample space [statistics]
Elements and fields:
- real number - real analysis;
- complex number - complex analysis;
- planet - celestial mechanics;
- material continuum - continuum mechanics;